Books and parenting guides
Selective Mutism Group
Social Anxiety in Children and Adolescents
- Brochure: Jamie Tackles Social Anxiety Parent Resources for child anxiety
- Chansky, T.E. (2004). Freeing Your Child from Anxiety: Powerful, Practical Solutions to Overcomem Your Child's Fears, Worries, and Phobias. New York, NY: Broadway Books.
- Markway, B.G. & Markway G.P. (2005). Nurturing the Shy Child: Practical Help for Raising Confident and Socially Skilled Kids and Teens. New York, NY: St. Martin's Press.
- Rapee, R. M., Spence, S. H., Cobham, V. & Wignall, M. (2000). Helping your anxious child: A step-by-step guide for parents. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications.
- Stein, M.B., Walker, John R. (2002). Triumph over shyness: conquering shyness and social anxiety. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
Research Publications about child anxiety
- Beidel, D. C., & Turner, S. M. (1999). Shy children, phobic adults: Nature and treatment of social phobia. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
- Rapee, R. M., Wignall, M., Hudson, J. L., & Schneier, C. A. (2000). Treating anxious children and adolescents. An evidence-based approach. New Harbinger Publications, Oakland, CA.
- March, J. (Ed.) (1995). Anxiety disorders in children and adolescents. New York, NY, The Guilford Press.
- Spasaro, S. A., Schaefer, C. E. (1999). Refusal to Speak. Treatment of selective mutism in children. Northvale, NJ: Jason Aronson Inc.